"We booked a private tour in Hoi An in June and had an awesome half day spent around rural area in Hoi An. The tour guide spoke great English and knowledgeable to answer our question. We strongly recommend this tour!"
EXPLORING THE FRESH MUSSEL VILLAGE - CAM NAM VILLAGE
- TOUR PROGRAM
Join in the tour at Cam Nam freshwater mussel village, you will explore many Cam Nams traditional village such as rising corn, making rice-paper cracker and especially collecting mussels. You will be experienced together with local people to picking clams and taking part in the process making fresh mussels. What are mores, you can enjoy the specialties as blending mussels, rice-paper crackers, sweet corn soup, etc., and have a chance to explore, get to know the local s spirituality through historical site remaining here.
8:00: Tour guide pick you up at your hotel by bicycle, moving towards Cam Nam mussle village.
8:30: The first destination is Lang Ong Temple. Tour guide will introduce about its history and the meaning of this temple to local people. Tourists will have free time for breaking or visiting more and take photos with big 200 year-old banyan tree.
9:15: Tour guide takes you to fresh mussel village and introduce about this village, then you can join some activities like:
- Collecting mussel with local people by boat on the Thu Bon river.
- Taking part in classifying mussels and its shell under the local s instruction.
- Getting to know the traditional recipe of cooking clams.
10:30: You can ride bicycle to rice-paper making house and will be introduced how to make rice paper on your own.
11:15: Taking a break at restaurant and enjoy the main meal with Cam Nam local dishes as mixing rice paper with mussels, sweet corn soup, etc.
12:00: Tour guide will give you back to the hotel and finish the tour.
3pax -5 pax
6 pax – 10 pax
Price/ 1 pax
(27 $ )
- Stir-fried Mussels, Rice-paper cracker
- Stir- fried morning glory with garlic, soup, braise fish, steam rice.
- Sweet corn soup
- Cold towel.
- English speaking tourguide.
- Bicycles, boat.
- Insurance & 10% VAT
- Lunch as the attached menu.
Exclusions: Other personal fee.
- Free for children under children 5 year-old.
- Discount 50% price for children from 6 to 12 year-old.
- Children from 12 year old or older paid as adult.